This is sponsored content by BlogHer and Kelloggs.
this summer was the summer of staying home and not really going to far to have fun.
normally we go to san diego for a few weeks but with all the travel i and jake did right before summer we decided it would be best to save that till later on this year.
so here's my top 5 favorite summer activities:
5. reading time at the library. we have the cutest librarian who works extra hard in the summer time to make reading in the summer fun. the summer program ended with a magician. i had a blast. pretty sure my kids did too, but i was to enthralled and kept wondering how the heck he did it to care pay attention to see if my kids had fun.
4. family coming from california to visit us here in the middle of nowhere. no matter what it's hilarious to watch all your family that is used to living in sea level, come up to 7000+ feet above sea level. they kind of act a little drunk... or hard core smokers who run out of air fast. which kind of makes me think...i probably should look at running a 5 k in california, i'll probably kick some A!
3. swimming at grandma and grandpa's in the big city. cousins, cookouts, and no schedule...nuff said.
2. hiking and camping and spending time with the family. finally being able to say we had a successful camping and hiking experience!
1. and the #1 best summer activity this summer.
going to the pool every single freakin day. this summer i watched my 6 and almost 4 year old who neither would go into the water at the beginning of june...to having my almost 4 year old able to swim and float for hours with her floaties, and a 6 year old that learned how to swim, and get this jump off the high dive.
i got to talk to friends every day, and i got a rockin tan. best one i've had in years. not only that but i managed to jump off the high dive and managed to get the whole dang pool up my nose and into my brain. well okay maybe not the whole pool...but at least half.
and don't forget to check out the 24 other gals
giving away $100 dollar visa card. (pssst you can enter a chance to win at all 24 blogs!)
do you want a chance to win a $100 visa card?
tell me what you did that made you happy this summer.
for a second chance tweet, facebook, or blog about and give me a link back in another comment.
include email address in each comment.
only two comments per email.
here are the official rules.
you have till next monday night at midnight. to enter this giveaway.
Mom’s Breakfast Club was started to help educate moms and families about kids’ cereal and share the scoop on their nutritional benefits and ingredients. To learn more about the program, visit http://www.loveyourcereal.com